The Iraqis invaded Kuwait on 2 august 1990 with 4 Republican Gaurd Divisions, two from the West and two from the North.
They drive past most of Kuwaits 3 main land brigades.
Most of the airforce flies off to Saudi Arabia as well as mot of the land forces going there as well.
There were several engagements, including:
1) The Kuwait Airforce straff some Iraqi armour.
2) Col Salem leads an armoured battalion to stall the Iraqi advance but soon runs out of ammunition, arrives turn 2.
3) The Emiri Guard put up some resistance at the palace.
4) Special Forces at the Doha military base put up some resistance.
5) The MIM 23B-I-HAWK air defence at Bibiyan Island is activated although the US contractors running it set it on auto and fled. It shot down two aircraft.
6) There was also some resistance around Ahmed al-Jaber air base.
I dont know of any other engagements, but there might have been as I have not researched it extensivly. There were reports of small pockets of resistance but I dont think its worth deploying units to represent that as it was probably too small scale.
In short the Iraqi player invades Kuwait without resistance. The 3 mechanised regiments which represent the 3 brigades that made up the Kuwait army fled to Saudi Arabia. Most of their units were on leave and their equipment was in storage. As such, the Kuwait player shouldnt really use them.
There were no air to air battles between the two airforces although the aur defence system did bring down two aircraft.
Iraqi special forces arrive on turn 4 near Kuwait City. There were brought in by helicopter but I dont have rules for that at the moment and so they just appear to the East.